Blogadda

Sunday 21 June 2015

The scent of a fresh home


As a newly wed bride the biggest challenge faced by a girl is to set up her own household. When I moved into a new house with my husband I had complete freedom to decorate and arrange the house the way I wanted in the process of transforming it into a new home. For a new bride this is a god sent opportunity to shape her home according to her wishes. As every rose has thorns associated with it similarly every opportunity brings with it its share of challenges. For instance the new house that we moved into had ample space and the rooms were big and airy thanks to the large French style windows. However the drawback was the nearby open sewage that would be more often than not clogged and when ever this clogging occurred it meant living day and night in the stench of rotting sewage. Since pigs like and thrive these kind of environment a lot I found small piglets after having a playful time in the clogged sewage would find their  way through a opening in the kitchen door of our rented ground floor home and would be found sleeping on the cool white marble floor. They had to be shooed away and even though we got the kitchen door an additional latch on the lower part of the door and had the broken part blocked yet the stench of the garbage took several days to go despite regular cleaning. More then the smell itself it was the memory of the smell that seemed to haunt me and I was apprehensive and petrified to go the kitchen as I feared that I may encounter another stinky slimy piglet waiting for me on the kitchen floor. 
For the smell emanating from the sewage I tried keeping the windows sealed at all times and putting heavy drapes so that they may soak any bad odor. I would regularly place fresh and sweet smelling flowers and constantly burn incense sticks in the various rooms. I even tried spraying all kinds of aerosols and fragrances in my house yet whenever I felt that I had conquered the problem of bad odor .I felt a waft of air sneaked into my house carrying with it the stench of the sewage and mocking my efforts of being battle ready and able to tackle bad odors in my house. 
I became very frustrated and wanted to change the accommodation when a friend of mine suggested that I use Ambi Pur Air Effects Spring & Renewal Aerosol Air Freshener. As a last resort I purchased it and tried it. When I tried it by spraying it in every room of the house it instantly gave a pleasant feel to the room. Before I could rely on the new solution I wanted to be sure that it worked. I waited for some time and surprisingly there was no smell of any sewage. I inspected every room and even sniffed hard specially near every window that I had painstakingly sealed. However to my surprise there was no smell of the sewage. It was a wonderful surprise. Next day when I got up from sleep I woke up to a fragrant smell of Ambi Pur Air Effects Spring & Renewal Aerosol Air Freshener. I thought I was dreaming but this fresh pleasant aroma was the new reality of my life that has made my life more complete and enjoyable
 “I am blogging for #SmellyToSmiley activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ambi Pur

No comments:

Post a Comment