Blogadda

Saturday 11 April 2015

March ahead with the power of together



I led a very carefree and happy childhood. I was the youngest child and so every one gave me great attention and pampered me endlessly. I was every one’s favorite and my family showered me with gifts. As a result I had the largest collection of toys and the best dresses in my wardrobe. All my dresses were bought new and there were no hand outs of my elder sister’s clothes. I normally spent all my time either playing with my toys or reading comic books and stories of adventure. I loved reading science fiction which was my favorite and these books held a special place in my book rack. My elder sister would often reprimand me for living in my dreams and told me that this was not the purpose of my life as I was expected to be content within the four walls of my house. She said this from her experience since the girls of our house were supposed to be trained in the culinary arts and other household affairs like knitting and sewing. We were not permitted to dream or go on flights of fancy. All this talk slightly dampened my spirits but I was determined to follow my dreams. Going from class to class I found myself at the deciding stage when the subjects were to be chosen according to the choice of one’ career. According to my sister my dreams were doomed to die a silent death as my father would never allow me to take science subjects. They were not for the girls of our house. Just when I was going to give up hope I got support from the most unexpected quarter-my father. We had a heart to heart talk and he lauded my effort for speaking up my mind. He told me that he had always wanted to take up science but his desires were quashed before the verdict of his father who insisted that it was to be commerce for him. Happily I started my science classes and proudly displayed my science text books to one and all. I had been under the misconception that taking science was all that mattered. I was wrong in thinking so. I had to study hard and although I was getting good grades in botany and physics but I was floored by chemistry. I tried hard to master it but failed. This made me not only desperate but also sad. My cheerful smile was gone and was now replaced by a constant frown. My science teacher noticed this change and called me to her room during the recess. We sat # together for quite some time. She said that she had never before seen a determined girl like me. She assured me that I could easily gain mastery over chemistry. She made me do some equations explaining each step to me. What had before seemed like an uphill task seemed like a child’s play to me. My confidence returned and I was now smiling once again all because of that moment of being #together.
https://housing.com/.
#together

No comments:

Post a Comment