Blogadda

Tuesday 14 April 2015

I found my sister with my dil ki deal




I belonged to an affluent family. I was the only girl in the family and so I was a most pampered child. I was always showered with gifts by my parents and even my relatives. Every visitor to our home came loaded with gifts for me. They brought either clothes or books for me. Each and every occasion was a gift day for me. I still remember that when my brother passed out of school he brought for me a box of my favorite Gulab Jamuns On his birthdays too my mother brought a new dress for me. My brother not only asked me to open the beautifully wrapped gifts but also shared them with me.
I went to a school which was ranked as one of the top most schools of the city. The students were a mixed lot. Mostly they came from rich well to do families but there was an exception too. One of the girls, a new admission had recently joined our school as her father had been transferred to this city. She was a very simple girl without any airs about her. She belonged to a middle class family with limited financial resources. Normally our school was very selective in admitting students, but this girl was an exceptionally bright student and she was selected on the basis of her merit. She was not only very intelligent but also very hard working. Still the girls of our class often made fun of her and looked upon her with disdain. She was outwardly not at all perturbed by their behavior but I could often see a hint of sadness in her eyes when the students talked to her in a rude tone and above all made fun of her by mimicking her. I did not like their behavior but kept quiet. Soon we became friends as we were seated next to each other.
My birthday was drawing near and I had invited all my classmates to my birthday party.
My new friend expressed her inability to attend the party at which my classmates passed comments that maybe she did not have nice clothes to wear for the party.
After my repeated requests she agreed to come but only for a short while.
My mother had brought two beautiful dresses for me to wear. I wore one of them and kept the other aside. It was time for the party to start when my new friend arrived. She gave me her gift and hurriedly said goodbye. I looked at her closely and saw tears in her eyes. With one hand she was clutching at her dress trying to hide something. Gently I removed her hand and saw that her new dress had a big tear on the side. I took her to my room and took out the second dress my mom had brought for me. I hugged her and asked her to wear it saying that it was a gift for her from me her sister. Seeing my love she changed into the new dress. Happiness had her completely transformed. It was a moment which we cherish till today.
.


“I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment