Blogadda

Monday 27 April 2015

celebrations then and now

When I was younger I used to look forward to the coming of festivals as we used to have a great time celebrating them. Festivals usually meant new clothes for me, a variety of sweets and practically anything that I wanted. It was also the time when I used to be well dressed and well behaved to be in the good books of my parents.
 I waited in anticipation and excitement for any forthcoming festival be it Holi or Diwali, Eid or Christmas or Guru Purab (Indian festivals). We needed no excuse to celebrate these festivals. Our childlike innocence helped us celebrate them and enjoy each festival a lot. Stepping into adulthood brings with it responsibilities and liabilities. This baggage weighs heavy upon our shoulders and somehow that carefree attitude of celebration goes missing. However it seems that seeking happiness and celebrating life is intrinsic to human nature. So when I diet and avoid all those oily pakodas, say no to the jalebis, imartis and gulab jamuns (all the indian sweets that I love) and then after a few months of this rigorous and torturous diet for the results make me celebrate as when I look at my self in the mirror and find my love handles reduced or gone that’s reason for me to celebrate. When I can fit into that old pair of jeans that I used to wear in my college days is a double reason for celebration and it certainly calls for a party.
This celebration usually begins by treating my self to a double scoop Sunday with some extra chocolate or strawberry syrup. However the joy of this celebration spills over and causes me to call my friends to celebrate my successfully following of a diet plan. When I see those envious looks on their faces looking at my curvaceous body it makes my going through the pain of undergoing a diet seem very worthwhile so much so that I do not even mind paying the bill for all the food and drinks that they order.
There have been numerous reasons to celebrate from the moments when everyone appreciates my new dresses or the piece of jewelry that I would  have purchased or borrowed just for the party. It used to make me feel that the money had been well spent. Recently I have discovered the art of mixing and matching my dresses and hairstyles to create new looks and appearances for every party. This way I can keep reinventing my looks without having to spend a lot of money and when I get compliments for my looks I feel like celebrating as my efforts have paid off and give me a reason to celebrate for being so creative.


#CelebrateLifeAtIvy by owning a dream home at Ivy estate, an 85 acre estate with 34 acres of greenery and open spaces. Join the 1600 happy families already living here. Check out this walkthrough video and decide for yourself.






No comments:

Post a Comment